[asterisk-users] RTP stream when * and Xlite are both behind Nat devices.

Richard Webb rcswebb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 04:52:08 CDT 2011

Hi,

I have an Asterisk box behind a NAT address and also a Xlite 4 soft phone
behind a different NAT network.

Asterisk -> Nat -> Internet -> Nat -> Softphone.

I can register my softphone to the asterisk box ok via SIP but the RTP
stream from the asterisk box is addressed to the private non-routeable
address of the softphone when I turn on rtp debuging.

How can I configure the rtp stream to be sent to the public facing address
of the softphone?

Cheers,

Richard.