[asterisk-users] Add PinCode on my dialplan

Sam Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 00:01:32 CDT 2011

See "core show application authe<TAB>"
If passwords are already the same as those of voicemail.conf go for
application VMAuthenticate() - DIA generates a dial-tone which I don't think
is suitable for dialling out from users(insiders)

  -= Info about application 'Authenticate' =-

[Synopsis]
Authenticate a user

[Description]
This application asks the caller to enter a given password in order to
continue
dialplan execution.
If the password begins with the '/' character,  it is interpreted as a file
which contains a list of valid passwords, listed 1 password per line in the
file.
When using a database key, the value associated with the key can be
anything.
Users have three attempts to authenticate before the channel is hung
up.

[Syntax]
Authenticate(password[,options[,maxdigits[,prompt]]])

[Arguments]
password
    Password the user should know
options
    a: Set the channels' account code to the password that is entered
    d: Interpret the given path as database key, not a literal file
    m: Interpret the given path as a file which contains a list of account
    codes and password hashes delimited with ':', listed one per line in the
    file. When one of the passwords is matched, the channel will have its
    account code set to the corresponding account code in the file.
    r: Remove the database key upon successful entry (valid with 'd'
    only)
maxdigits
    maximum acceptable number of digits. Stops reading after maxdigits
    have been entered (without requiring the user to press the '#' key).
    Defaults to 0 - no limit - wait for the user press the '#' key.
prompt
    Override the agent-pass prompt file.

[See Also]
VMAuthenticate(), DISA()