[asterisk-users] Fax from FXS to PRI

Don Kelly dk at donkelly.biz
Tue Sep 20 20:57:44 CDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 4:43 PM, Adam Moffett <adamlists at plexicomm.net>
wrote:

If I have a 4 port Digium FXS card and a single port PRI card on the same
asterisk box, is it expected that I'd be able to plug a fax machine into the
analog FXS port and have no problems sending or receiving faxes?  Our
connection to the Telco is on the PRI obviously.

<snip>

Nobody can say for sure.  It is not a supported configuration.  I can tell
you that I have had great success and wasted days messing around with this
configuration.

<snip>

Again, it has never been a supported configuration by Digium, and everyone
that has dealt with faxing in Asterisk especially on different systems will
tell you that you won't know until you try.  And even then, is it worth days
of your time trying to get it as close to a POTS line as possible?

<snip>

Thanks,
Steve T

This is a scary answer-you're saying that what should be simple "TDM" FXS to
PRI does not work?

Are you suggesting this is an Asterisk problem or a Digium hardware problem?

Is this really everyone's experience?

--Don

Don Kelly

PCF Corp