[asterisk-users] Log for voicemail to email?

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Tue Sep 20 20:52:08 CDT 2011

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011, Kevin Oravits wrote:

> I am having a problem with one of my sites where they are not receiving
> the voicemail to email.

They are not receiving or you are not sending?

Unless you've changed 'mailcmd' in voicemail.conf, Asterisk will execute
'/usr/sbin/sendmail -t' to send the email.

You can test this from a (single) shell command line as follows:

 	printf "To: koravits at rcolegal.com\nThis is a test.\n"\
 		| sendmail -t

If you don't get anything clueful at this point, start looking in the
logs. (Personnaly, I tell syslogd to output everything to a single file so
I always know where to look.)

--
Thanks in advance,