[asterisk-users] Log for voicemail to email?

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Tue Sep 20 19:27:11 CDT 2011

On 20/09/11 06:53 PM, Kevin Oravits wrote:
> I am having a problem with one of my sites where they are not receiving
> the voicemail to email. I’ve done a lot of troubleshooting and can’t
> find the issue. It would be helpful if there was a log I could look at
> so that I could see perhaps where the email is being rejected. Does
> anyone know of a log that runs on Asterisk that would have this history?

Well Asterisk isn't sending the email, the email service on the server
is doing that. You'll need to enable the logging for email delivery on
the email service itself.

(It's possible you haven't installed an MTA or have it disabled. Or
perhaps the other ends are rejecting due a missing MX record, or some
other email configuration issue.)

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/asterisk