[asterisk-users] Fixing an old bug related to extension "s" - feedback wanted

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Tue Sep 20 09:18:55 CDT 2011

20 sep 2011 kl. 15:34 skrev Danny Nicholas:

> Just my .02 - fix Originate since the "Original Asterisk" book, page 125
> paragraph 1 says "s" = "start".  If "s" is not really "start", I'm going to

In the first edition, page 82, it actually says ""When a call enter a context without a specific destination extension, they are handled automatically by the s extension". Which is correct. It continues "(The s stands for start, as most calls start in the s extension)" which is very wrong.

In the edition you have, page 125, the "most calls" part is deleted and the text explains that "this is where a call will start if no extension information was passed with the call".

So they got it right in the end :-)

/O