[asterisk-users] Ghost DID in System

Aaron Krohn akrohn at ewebforce.net
Mon Sep 19 17:51:40 CDT 2011

This is going to sound ridiculous, but there appears to be a ghost DID
in our system. We are going to get the number ported to us, but it has
not happened yet. From a phone outside of our voip system, the call
still goes through. When calling the did from a phone within our system,
there is just dead air.

In the asterisk CLI, I can see our primary server, voip1 trying to do
pass the call to voip2 after it complains about not knowing what to do
with the call.

I have removed all references to this number from all dialplans and
sip-did lists and restarted many times. I simply don't understand why
our voip1 server believes it should try to route the call instead of
passing it to the outside world. Does anyone have an explanation or know
where I could look? (dialplans, obviously =)