[asterisk-users] DTMF problem

Sam Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:56:14 CDT 2011

Hey there,

I don't think that its DTMF mode issue ! OP say pressing 9 asterisk ignores
while pressing 6 is OK. Using expensive PBX solutions should be never be the
first priority.

So I'd a similar experience in some asterisk version when I used to enter 2
asterisk always took 3-4 seconds to do anything wheras all other DTMF digits
were working as quickly as DTMF entered.
Since pressing 6 key works fine means this could be more possibly issue with
handset.
Also there is an option in background application "m" where background will
only accept the DTMF whose extens are created in the same context..so if
you've something like this in your dialplan

[test-BKGRND]
exten => s,1,Background(som-sound-file,m)
exten => s,n,Waitexten(20)

exten => 1,1,NOOP(User presssed 1)
exten => 3,1,NOOP(User presssed 1)
exten => 5,1,NOOP(User presssed 1)

Background will act as only recognizing DTMF 1,3,and 5.

even if its DTmfmode issue ...you can one more trick to fix this as well..
use application sipdtmfmode(inband|rfc2833|info)  if call is coming from a
particular caller/UA.

I hope this could be of some help.

Regards,

- Sammy