[asterisk-users] Message recorder

Sam Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Sun Sep 18 23:44:40 CDT 2011

Hey Steve,

I very much appreciate your reply, I created that dialplan the same day but
after 8~10 hours of working. Yes, I use combination of MixMonitor and
Monitor.
I'll share my logical dialplan here.

It works like: MixMonitor() is used with option a (append) to record all
user recordings in one file. Monitor is only for most recent recording,
overwrites on each retry. This had to be Gosub for user to press * or #. On
* I jump back to Mixmonitor and monitor and wait for user input at
Waitexten(300,m(silence)). on # just concatenate the required Audio with
previously required audio file.

its something like this (psuedo-code)

[recorder-gosub]
exten => s,1,NOOP(I'm trying to record your voice - Previously recorded
final messages are in file ${GOODAUDIO})
same =>  n,SET(ALLAUDIO=bigfilename)
same =>  n,SET(THISAUDIO=small-file)
same =>  n(rerecord),Mixmonitor(${ALLAUDIO},a)
same =>  n,Monitor(${THISAUDIO})
same =>  n,Waitexten(300,m(silence))

exten => i,1,GOTO(*,1)
exten => t,1,GOTO(*,1)

exten => *,1,GOTO(s,rerecord) ; user wants to retry recording message

exten => #,1,StopMonitor()   ; user thinks his message is god enough and
save message now
same => n,StopMixmonitor()
same => n,System(sox ${THISAUDIO} ${GOODAUDIO} ${GOODAUDIO})      ;This will
concatenate this required recording to previously recorded good responses.
same => n,Return()

P.S: Macros are useless ! Use Gosub instead. Calling a Gosub inside a macro
(just to get user DTMF) clears macro stack and leaves you look like
stupified.

Thanks,
- Sammy