[asterisk-users] redundant traffic

Claude Hayn chayn123 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 16:31:56 CDT 2011

Hello,

I've got a customer that wants me to set up their single Asterisk server so
that they can receive redundant traffic streams from their origination
provider.  They want the traffic broadcast to 2 static IP addresses on the
Asterisk server for redundancy.  Their they want to be sure to receive
traffic if one of their subnets/gateways goes down.

As I understand it, having the two IP's set up to receive redundant
information as possible in Linux, but I wonder how (or if it's even
possible) to address this in Asterisk.

As anybody ever done this?

Claude