[asterisk-users] Inter-astersik dialling encounteres no audio

Justin Sherrill Justin.Sherrill at americanrocksalt.com
Fri Sep 16 08:04:06 CDT 2011

Asterisk will send the two SIP endpoints 'reinvite' messages, so that they talk RTP directly with each other.  Depending on your version of Asterisk, setting the 'canreinvite' or 'directmedia' option may make a difference, since that will keep the traffic flowing through the servers, and the phones will not need to reach each other directly.