[asterisk-users] Monitoring second leg being dialed?

Gilles codecomplete at free.fr
Fri Sep 16 04:51:42 CDT 2011

On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 11:13:16 +0500, Sam Govind <govoiper at gmail.com>
wrote:
>The image you provided didn't open so I'm not sure about the design.

Sorry about that. It's a PNG file and it opens in the two browsers I
tried.

The reason I don't simply get a subscription with a VoIP provider and
must go through an Asterisk server + connection to the FXS port is
that outgoing calls are free, which is nice when calling cellphones,
especially when travelling.

>  If you can send some SIP flow diagram and Asterisk CLI logs maybe it'll help
>understand the problem.

I haven't done it yet, so have no logs to show.

I'd simply like to hear what's going on channel #2 while Dahdi is
still dialing, instead of simply being kept waiting.

Can Dahdi/Asterisk do that? Has anyone used a small Asterisk box at
home connected to their ADSL modem so that they can make free calls
from overseas?

Thank you.