[asterisk-users] secret=pw in sip.conf affecting inter-asterisk sip call

Lee, John (Sydney) John.Lee at compuware.com
Wed Sep 14 20:04:19 CDT 2011

> chan_sip does not support specification of the password to be used for
authentication in the dial string itself;
> your ":password" suffix is just being sent to the target system and it
is trying to find a matching extension in the dialplan (and failing).

Thanks Kevin.  This is what I reckon from the tests that I did.
I think I will have to remove all secret= from all my SIP entries.

However, this is contrary to what the Asterisk books say.

P.S.  I have got problem receiving emails from asterisk-user mailing
list.
I could only see it from the web mail archive.