[asterisk-users] Question about voip.ms service.

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Tue Sep 13 17:29:06 CDT 2011

Voip.ms has excellent support if you need it, which many do not.
You log in to your account, then you can change from SIP to IAX, and if you click on the correct link they will give you your sample with your account information
You need to set up a registration line in IAX, then a context in IAX that points to a context in extensions.conf
Registration takes care of voip.ms finding you
their web site setup is about as complete a site as I have seen, with many more options than I would ever need
The only somewhat confusing issue is when using IAX they will not show you as registered
Your Asterisk will, though.

John Novack

naren wrote:

> That's what I am hoping to do as well. Could you share some insight on how you set up the DID on the voip.ms <http://voip.ms> web site to forward to Asterisk using IAX? In particular I am trying to find out where you set the url / ip address of your asterisk installation on the voip.ms <http://voip.ms> web site.
>
> Thanks!
>
> On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM, Robert-iPhone <rhuddleston at gmail.com <mailto:rhuddleston at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm using them for inbound and outbound on Asterisk and FreeSwitch
>
>     Sent from my iPhone
>

> --

Dog is my Co-pilot