[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager Interface (AMI)

Sam Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 23:29:02 CDT 2011

Hey,

I think I remember the same post before. previously I heard someone telling
to use vicidial or some other thing  like that.But I don't think that those
are totally AMI based call-generators.

What I'd recently done is make a php page which connects to Asterisk's AMI
port. I send page request with destination number as parameter and depending
upon the HTTP arguments it send an ORIGINATE event to Asterisk with the
destination number to be dialled out via DAHDI(PRI) and once the call is
answered bridge it to a local dial plan extension which in term played a
sound-file/message to the connecting number.

So whenever I want Asterisk to initiate a call I send a HTTP request to my
Web-Server(hosting Asterisk) a call originated and played a message. You can
choose your design and directly connect to AMI and keep on sending ORIGINATE
events until you've all 200 channels occupied.

Hope it will help.