[asterisk-users] Question about voip.ms service.

naren naren.salem at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 22:34:53 CDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to set up my asterisk 1.8.5 with voip.ms. I had no problem with
the incoming, but my outgoing is not working. If at all possible, I would
like to stick with SIP. Since the original poster (Glen) had mentioned that
he had gotten outgoing working, I was wondering if you would be kind enough
to post some thoughts on that. Were you able to get it working with just the
default example sip.conf / extensions.conf settings that they have on their
website?

I have pretty much the same settings. When I dial out, the destination
rings, but I can't hear a ringback tone from on the source side ( I am using
a PAP2T router with a phone). I have set up outgoing with actionvoip before
and that is working fine, so I am thinking my router settings for my ports
are correct - but I am no expert.

I would really appreciate it if you could post the relevant section of your
sip.conf for me.

Thanks!
Naren