[asterisk-users] Sip profiles per customer, behind a SIP proxy. How?

Robert Thomas thomcr at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 21:16:45 CDT 2011

Hello List,

I have been trying to configure  a sip profile ( peer / friend ) for each of
my customers behind a sip proxy for some time, but I have had no success, so
I would appreciate your help.

Customer  -> OpenSIPS -> Asterisk -> PSTN

The opensips is working as a sip proxy with record route, for billing, load
balancing and authentication purposes.

I would like to be able to define a particular context, or settings per
customer. Since the customer is behind the SIP proxy, all I see if the
packet comming from the SIP proxy. So I have created a peer profile with the
IP Address of my proxy. Problem been any setting I enable affect all
traffic coming throught the SIP proxy.

I was reading that Asterisk checks the SIP From: address username and
matches against names of devices with type=user-

However I have some problems with Asterisk 1.6.2, taking the caller id
either from the RPID so I manually parse the PAI header.

I was thinking about replacing the From with a customer ID, and for those
customers that use the FROM to signal caller id, to copy it over the PAI
header at the SIP proxy.

I don't know if overwriting the FROM would cause any problem with the SIP
clients behind the proxy.

Is there any better or different way to acomplish this?

I would say we should have some flexibility although we have a SIP proxy as
the source IP for all of our traffic.

Robert