[asterisk-users] Overlap SIP dialing

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Sep 7 09:28:55 CDT 2011

7 sep 2011 kl. 16:20 skrev Andrew Latham:

> On Wednesday, September 7, 2011, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>
> 7 sep 2011 kl. 15:59 skrev Daniel Tryba:
>
> > Looking at the history of the list I don't expect any answer but lets
> > try anyway:
> >
> > Does anybody use overlap dialing from SIP devices to asterisk? Does
> > anybody have a working example?
>
> To add to your question: Does anyone have a phone that supports this properly?
>
> /O
>
> Yup, I have a few...  http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/overlap_dialing

Great. Haven't seen this - thank you.

The whole concept is interesting. Suppose the call forks and one UA answers with 484, another with 486 and another with 180 ringing. What are you supposed to do? I think there's a problem with the RFC 3261 here and don't know if it's been clarified.

Now - in the case of Asterisk if we call out to two devices from the dialplan and one responds with 484 and another with 180 ringing - what happens in Asterisk?

/O