[asterisk-users] PARAMETERS FOR DID'S FROM TELCOM AND ASTERISK TO SYNC

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Sep 6 08:19:37 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 06 September 2011, mahesh katta wrote:
> Hi list,
> I have 20channels PRI line from Airtel. and I have 30channels digium PRI
> card. and I am using asterisk1.4 with goautodial.
> I need to configure DID's for every extension with sip.
> which Parameters need to add in asterisk and which parameters enable from
> Airtel PRI line for this DID's. can you help me .

When an incoming call arrives from the ISDN line, look in ${EXTEN} -- this
will contain some representation of the number.  It may be missing the STD
code, or just the initial 0.

All* you need to do is implement a rule to translate the incoming ${EXTEN} on
an incoming call, to an extension number, and implement this in your dialplan
in the conjtext in which calls arrive from the PSTN.  For example, if you
always want the "internal" number to be "2" followed by the last 2 digits of
the "external" number, you could use this minimal example:

[from-pstn]
exten => _X.,1,Set(LAST_TWO=${EXTEN:-2})
exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/2${LAST_TWO})
exten => _X.,n,Hangup()

[*] OK, that's not *quite* all.  When you make an outgoing call, you need to
set the caller ID to match the "external" number the person needs to dial to
call you back:

[outgoing]
exten => _X.,1,Set(LAST_TWO=${EXTEN:-2})
exten => _X.,n,Set(CALLERPRES()=allowed)
exten => _X.,n,Set(CallerID(num)=${PREFIX}${LAST_TWO})
exten => _X.,n,Dial(${ISDN}/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Hangup()

${ISDN} and ${PREFIX} need to be defined in the globals section:

[globals]
ISDN=DAHDI/g1
PREFIX=013322689
; this assumes numbers start (01332) 2689xx

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.