[asterisk-users] how to add-edit-delete entery into asterisk conf files

Sam Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 02:18:28 CDT 2011

1- Per my experience I've used DB with configuration files and I was amazed
that Asterisk was taking a union of DB + conf file configurations and
accepting both.So if you just make a simple script or DB function to do file
operation on some event/cronjob you'll be saved.

Moreover, if that still may induce duplication into configurations then DB
replication and redundancy is the best way to cater your failure case. There
are hundreds of how-tos on DB redundancy and failure etc.

2- If you've to move forward with this approach I'll suggest you to read
only part of configuration file corresponding to one user i.e [user-1-area]
and over-write that part only. If a new user then just append. This way file
data loss will be minimized(may even avoided totally).

Those were all my suggestions, if anyone else can add valuable comments to
this.

-
sammy