[asterisk-users] Queue announcements and MOH blanking out on calls from PSTN over IAX2

Raj Mathur ( राज माथुर ) raju at linux-delhi.org
Sun Oct 30 06:53:36 CDT 2011

On Sunday 30 Oct 2011, Sammy Govind wrote:
> hmmm so  IAX channel is playing with you guys.
>
> 1- Cant you guys use SIP, does this happen with SIP trunk as well !?
> 2- Which version of asterisk are there on both servers.
> 3- See the output of the command "core show file versions" in your
> both asterisk servers. Mainly lookout for IAX channel version.
>
> Also try enabling IAX debug and paste the output on console.

1.6.2.9-2+squeeze3 on the SIP server, 1.6.2.9-2+squeeze1 on the Dial
server.

I doubt if we'll be able to change the architecture of an infrastructure
handling up to 450 simultaneous calls for the past 6 months at this
stage, so SIP is out.  IAX2 has been working beautifully for our needs
up to this point, and we need to find a solution that we can integrate
into this architecture itself!

Incidentally, if anyone's interested, the installation itself is
detailed at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/ilugd@lists.linux-delhi.org/msg28166.html

Regards,

-- Raj