[asterisk-users] File permissions mysteriously changed

Ian Pilcher arequipeno at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 15:13:39 CDT 2011

I just had a weird experience.  My Asterisk installation stopped
working, and upon investigation I found that the ownership of several
files had changed from asterisk:asterisk to root:root.  The files in
question were:

  /etc/asterisk/extensions.conf
  /etc/asterisk/features.conf
  /etc/asterisk/rtp.conf
  /etc/asterisk/sip.conf
  /etc/asterisk/voicemail.conf
  /var/log/asterisk/cdr-csv/Master.csv
  /var/spool/asterisk/astdb

Asterisk has been running for quite a while (several weeks at least)
since I last modified any of the configuration files.

I did reboot earlier today when I was unable to cleanly stop BIND on
this box.  (32-bit Scientific Linux 6.1, BTW.)

Anyone have any idea what just happened?

TIA!