[asterisk-users] Tips & best practices for asterisk troubleshooting & parsing logs

Douglas Mortensen doug at impalanetworks.com
Fri Oct 28 13:10:53 CDT 2011

Anton,

Thanks for the input. I wasn't aware of ngrep. I'll check it out. A packet analyzer is a good idea. I am accustomed to using a packet analyzer mostly in a "reactive" approach, or during an incident. Are you suggesting that I just setup a capture to be running continuously until we become aware of the problem, and then at that point, review it to see what really happened (regarding what was & was not transmitted on the network)?

Also, thanks for the link in the Asterisk Cookbook. I'll check it out.