[asterisk-users] DAHDI spans up without physical connections

Ron Bergin rkb at i.frys.com
Thu Oct 27 09:48:47 CDT 2011

We are in the process of rebuilding our servers and upgrading asterisk and
zaptel/dahdi.

The server I'm currently working on was:
OS: Fedora fc9
libpri 1.4.10.2
Zaptel 1.4.12.1
Asterisk: 1.4.27

After rebuild:
OS: CentOS 5.7 (Final) installed via Spacewalk
libpri: 1.4.12
DAHDI: dahdi-linux-complete-2.5.0.2+2.5.0.2.
Asterisk 1.8.6

Digium card TE420:
pci:0000:09:08.0     wct4xxp+     d161:1420 Wildcard TE420 (5th Gen)

dahdi spans are configured as:
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
span=2,0,0,esf,b8zs
span=3,0,0,esf,b8zs

fxoks=1-24
fxoks=25-48
fxoks=49-72

No errors during build process, but the dahdi spans are showing up even
though there are no cables connected to the card's T1 ports.

We have rebuilt libpri and dahdi multiple times and with various
combinations of versions (libpri 1.4.11.3 and 14..12 and dahdi 2.3 and
2.5), but always have the same results.

One possible clue would be this error in dmesg (which I don't fully
understand):
WARNING: FALC framer not intialized in compatibility mode.
ERROR: FALC framer version is unknown (VSTR = 0x00).
FALC version: 00000000, Board ID: 00

Has anyone come across this problem and/or can point me in the right
direction to fix it?

Thanks
--
Ron Bergin