[asterisk-users] Unknown warning

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Oct 27 05:32:55 CDT 2011

On 10/27/2011 06:30 AM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 06:16 -0400, Alex Balashov wrote:
>> On 10/27/2011 06:15 AM, Ishfaq Malik wrote:
>>
>>> Is it anything to worry about? there are about 8 a second
>>> happening.
>>
>> Maybe.  Can't say without more data/context/packet capture/etc.
>>
> Well it doesn't seem to be having too big an impact on load or cpu
> usage.
>
> Any pointers on where I can do any further digging?

Take a capture and see what kind of SIP flow is causing it:

    tcpdump -i any -A -w capture.pcap -s 0 -n 'udp port 5060'

After you're reasonably sure a few of those errors have occurred, hit
Ctrl+C to stop the capture.  Then, open up capture.pcap in Wireshark
and see what's what, and/or get someone who knows a lot about SIP to
help you.

--
Alex Balashov - Principal
Evariste Systems LLC