[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.8 RealTime problem with ipaddr field

Kaszas Peter pkaszas at codica.rs
Wed Oct 26 19:53:36 CDT 2011

Dear Asterisk users,

I use Asterisk for a long time with RealTime support. Until few days everything went alright. SIP registrations and call handling is still good,. but I saw a disturbing thing today when I was checking my RT database which is a MySQL database. I connect to MySQL with Asterisk 1.8 mysql module (so not with the ODBC driver).

I saw a row where one of my extension's details are weren't complete. For example: the fullcontact filed was filled but the ipaddr filed filled with "(null)" value. All the other extensions are filled total, in all cases it contains the ipaddr field too. But only at this one where i have fullcontact I dont have the ipaddr field. Thar is a problem for me bacuse without that field I cant even debug the sip messages, because when I insert into the Asterisk CLI: sip set debug peer <extension_number> (I insert the number of that extension where I cant find the ipaddr field. ) , the CLI shows me an error message: Unable to get IP address of peer '<extension_number>'

So its quite confusing. Why it dont fill the ipaddr field?? From which SIP message get and cut out  the IP address?

Thank you

Peter