[asterisk-users] Concurrent call monitoring

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:46:12 CDT 2011

I wrote my own shell scripts to collect "core show calls" value from
asterisk and then push the filtered value to an opensource monitoring tool.
That worked perfectly well.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
use strict;
open(LINE, 'asterisk -rx "core show channels"|');
my ($chans, $calls, $line)=(0,0,undef);
while ($line = <LINE>)
{
    $calls = $1 if ($line =~ /^(\d+) active call/);
}
close(LINE);
printf $calls;