[asterisk-users] Voicemail: playing a message to give option if need to transfer for operator

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 04:35:28 CDT 2011

Hi All;

Is it possible to be part of the voicemail to play a wave message as following:

The person you are calling is not available, press 0 if you need to call the operator or 1 to leave voice message?

I know that I can do this as part of the extensions.conf, but I am looking if it possible to be part of the voicemail function it self?

Actually below is the macro that I am using it for the voicemail, but really I am facing a troubles and it is not working properly. I would like to ask about somthing: the macro is not considered to be a context? In other words, if I used the Background function, so it come back to the original context or it apply the rules in the macro?

[macro-voicemail]

exten => 108,1,Dial(${ARG1},20)
exten => 108,2,Voicemail(${MACRO_EXTEN}@Internal,u)
exten => 108,3,Goto(IncomingPSTN,t,3)

exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1},20)
exten => s,2,Background(voicemail-opt)
exten => s,102,Background(voicemail-opt)

exten => 1,1,Voicemail(${MACRO_EXTEN}@Internal,u)
exten => 1,2,Goto(IncomingPSTN,t,3)
exten => 0,1,Macro(voicemail,SIP/108)

exten => i,1,Voicemail(${MACRO_EXTEN}@Internal,u)
exten => i,2,Hangup()

exten => t,1,Voicemail(${MACRO_EXTEN}@Internal,u)
exten => t,2,Goto(IncomingPSTN,t,3)
exten => t,3,Hangup()

exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${MACRO_EXTEN})
;

Regards
Bilal