[asterisk-users] ${CALLERID(num)} after doing transfer from extension to extension

bilal ghayyad bilmar_gh at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 04:19:03 CDT 2011

Hi All;

As I am using the ${CALLERID(num)} to be part of the filename that I am recording it, I am facing the following problem:

If the incoming call (via PSTN) reached for an extension (which is the reception), and then the extension transferred the call to the proper person, and we need to do recording for the call at this proper person, the problem that at this point the ${CALLERID(num)} will represnt the reception guy extension and not the original caller id of the caller who called from outside via the PSTN. How can I get this original caller id?

Regards
Bilal