[asterisk-users] Strange behavior over Zap chennels

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 15:38:27 CDT 2011

I have a server that is hooked to a channel bank (Adit 600). It has eight
lines coming from a T1 through this adit's FXO card.  This particular *
server is used primarily as a PBX and is not connected to the internet and
has worked fine since 2006.  However recently occasional calls are dropped
with an Ahhn, Ahhn, Ahhn sound -- the kind of sound you hear if you leave
the receiver of POTS phone off the look for too long.  I have switched out
the channel bank and it still happens.  If I keep the CLI open I don't see
any errors when this occurs -- however I can't be positive about this as it
all happens very fast. I have also had my telco  (XO Communications) out
here several times.  They say there is nothing wrong with the lines and that
it has to be "my hardware" as the circuit is completing as we are able to
talk briefly with the caller before the call is dropped.  Nothing has been
changed at all in the * servers configuration.  The server has remained
untouched and has not as much as been rebooted in a couple years.

Has anyone ever heard of a similar problem and can anyone suggest how I
might fix or diagnose it?

Thank you very much for your time,

Richard