[asterisk-users] Can we use MySQL native connector for ARA?

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 07:59:31 CDT 2011

> Hello Everyone,
>
> The documentation suggests using unixodbc for asterisk realtime. Is
> there any way
> we can just use native database clients such as libmysqlclient from
> MySQL? The native
> clients tend to be more up-to-date.
>
> Thanks in Advance,
>
> Nick.

I've used the MySQL addon for years with great success, initiated the
project to support read/write to separate databases for asterisk clustering.
You will get more functionality for complex queries using the odbc
connector, but for basic ARA applications, the MySQL addon works fine and
I've never had a problem with stability.  I also use the cdr_mysql as well.

I wrote a couple of papers on asterisk_clustering_with_mysql_replication.
They are a bit dated but still relevant.  I'll send over if you like.

Good luck.

JR