[asterisk-users] Running as non-root

Torbjörn Abrahamsson torbjorn.abrahamsson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 06:19:50 CDT 2011

Thank you, I actually found the asterisk.conf settings after sending the
mail. So next question is which folders/files do I need to change ownership
of to make it work?

/etc/asterisk

/var/lib/asterisk

/usr/lib/asterisk

/var/spool/asterisk

/var/log/asterisk

And the files in them of course
 Any more? Any that should not be in the
list above?

In asterisk.conf I am using the following:

runuser = asterisk

rungroup = asterisk

Is this sufficient?

Br,