[asterisk-users] DID and how the caller id will appear

A J Stiles asterisk_list at earthshod.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 07:39:23 CDT 2011

On Tuesday 18 October 2011, bilal ghayyad wrote:
> We contacted the Telecom provider and they confirmed multiple times that
> the DID service is enabled, but again still the caller id does not appear
> as we need (it is always appearing as the primary number). I tried to set
> the CALLERDID(num) to be 40, 1040, 5631040 and 065631040 without any
> result.
>
> Where could be the problem?
>
> Maybe I have to use CALLERID(ANI)? Well, how it should be written exactly?
>
> What other things I have to do or I can try to resolve the problem?

What format do your incoming caller IDs come in?   (use a NoOp() or Verbose()
statement to write to the log.)  One would expect outgoing caller IDs to be
set in the same format  (but speak to someone at the telco for confirmation of
this).  Our provider  (in the UK)  expects our outgoing caller IDs to include
the STD code, but without the initial 0.  So 065631040 would be sent as
65631040 .

Are you definitely allowed to set your own caller ID?  It may well be
restricted to one of a range of "presentation numbers" assigned to you.

One other thing:  CALLERPRES() has been deprecated for awhile now, so in newer
Asterisk versions you may need to write Set(CALLERID(pres)=allowed) instead of
Set(CALLERPRES()=allowed .

--
AJS

Answers come *after* questions.