[asterisk-users] Conference solution to handle 10, 000 participants - possible at all?

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 04:49:53 CDT 2011

Hi,

I'd been thinking about such a huge conferencing system for about last few
months. Like Steve suggested, my concept is almost similar but instead of
making a central hub conference junction between multiple Conferences I was
thinking of making a peer2peer runtime connection between conferences hosted
on multiple servers.

All the asterisks are load balanced by a super node which will be
OpenSIPS/Sip proxy.

Any conference participant call will first land on SIP proxy where Prosy
will do some required resgiteration of the participant, decide if the
required conference server is full or not- If not route the call to
previously used server else route the call to newer server and send a
trigger to new asterisk server to bridge with the older server's conference.
--
Regards,
Sammy