[asterisk-users] How does Asterisk parse extensions.conf file?

Sazzad Kamal sazzad_bin_kamal at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 02:08:04 CDT 2011

Hello,

I want to know the way Asterisk parses configuration files. So that I can find out, what Asterisk does when I write, 'allow=g711' in extensions.conf file.

As I've come to know, Asterisk configuration files are kind of DSLs. I thought it must have a parser to know the values in those conf files, i.e., the value of 'allow' parameter.

Can anyone please tell me what functions/files are used to parse these configuration files?

Sincerely,
Sazzad Bin Kamal