[asterisk-users] forwarding early media

samuel samu60 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 11:32:18 CDT 2011

Hi folks,

I'm having an issue with an asterisk 1.4.36 with an E1 card that is not
forwarfing the early media a remote SIP end-point is creating.

--incoming E1 call-->asterisk 1.4.36---->SIP endpoint (which happens to be
an asterisk 1.6.20).

I've checked signalling and the remote end-point returns 183 with the
correct SDP. In the asterisk 1.4.36 I have progressinband=yes to precissely
enable this feature and debugging from the asterisk console (both sip and
rtp), the asterisk gateway gets the 183, create the remote peer and starts
receiving the RTP (RTP From...blabnlabal).
The only missing part is that the asterisk 1.4.36 instance gets the RTP
audio from the SIP endpoint and forwards it to the E1 card.

I've also played with prematuremedia parameter but got no change in the
behaviour.

Can anyone provide any hint about this issue? Both links to documentation
and help debugging this issue will be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,
Samuel.