[asterisk-users] Emulate and script emulation of users calling in/receiving calls, transferring calls &etc

Michael C. Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Sat Oct 15 04:40:39 CDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-10-15 at 20:12 +1100, Alec Taylor wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> If asterisk or freeswitch would be taught in a classroom environment,
> is there someway to emulate and script emulation of users calling
> in/receiving calls, transferring calls &etc?
>
> The plan is to have each student setup there own Asterisk or
> FreeSwitch box, and measure handling efficiency, and communicate
> between the servers (by transferring calls from server to server).
>
> Thanks for all suggestions,
>
> Alec Taylor

Are you needing to emulate telephone company analog service?  There
have been devices on EBay that do up to four analog lines which work
like telephone company lines most likely for around $300.  Pretty
expensive, but probably cheaper than paying for telephone company lines
and running the risk of someone placing a long distance phone call.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TELTONE-4-PORT-FXS-TELEPHONE-LINE-SIMULATOR-TLS-5-/150672380134?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2314c610e6

If the above link works, it is for a $500+ unit.  I looked in the $300
and less bracket and mostly what the auctions said is untested.
Search EBay with the phrase "telephone line simulator."

I hope this helps ;-)