[asterisk-users] Phones flapping with * and Sonicwall.

Mike Diehl mdiehl at diehlnet.com
Thu Oct 13 11:21:38 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I've got a bunch of Polycom 301's at a site that sits behind a Sonicwall
firewall.

What I'm seeing is that the phones are constantly becoming unavailable,
followed shortly by becoming available again.

The phones register just fine and sound great on out-bound calls.  The phones
are configured NAT=yes and type=friend, as I do with all my Polycoms.

A sniffer trace indicates that Asterisk is sending an OPTIONS request to the
phones but no reply is being sent... most of the time.

I'm thinking it's a firewall/NAT timeout issue.  Has anyone seen this?  Has
anyone fixed it?  Any ideas, otherwise?

TIA.

--

Take care and have fun,