[asterisk-users] Binding asterisk to two static IPs

georg at riseup.net georg at riseup.net
Thu Oct 13 06:29:43 CDT 2011

Hi Dale,

Wow, thanks for the tip. I just start to change the network config, and
see how it works.

> If your networking equipment supports VLAN, you could add a virtual lan
> to the existing ethernet device.

Jeah, got a Cisco managed switch.

> Then assign an address to eth0.42.  You can use eth0 for your endpoints
> and eth0.42 for your provider or whichever way you want it.

Don't you think the problem will still occur that the answers from
asterisk seem to come from the "main address" assigned to the NIC? Or
isn't this possible because of the vlan?

Thanks,
Georg