[asterisk-users] Binding asterisk to two static IPs

Jakob Hirsch jh at plonk.de
Wed Oct 12 17:24:48 CDT 2011

On 12.10.2011 23:27, georg at riseup.net wrote:
> "If you put 0.0.0.0, it will bind to all addresses. In a HA Cluster, on
> the active node, if you have a box address of 192.168.1.101 and a floating
> address of 192.168.1.102, then if you use
>
> bindaddr=0.0.0.0
> Any idea how to solve this?

Yes: Use "bindaddr=192.168.1.102". That's how we solved it on our
Asterisk boxes. Another solution would be to use tcp, but not all SIP
clients support that (and I don't know how good Asterisk does).

Personally, I think this is a shortcoming in Asterisk. Every application
with udp server functionality should handle this correctly.
E.g. FreeRADIUS has a compile time option for this (--with-udpfromto,
unfortunately off by default, for whatever reasons).