[asterisk-users] BT line: unavailable vs withheld numbers?

Vladimir Mikhelson vlad at mikhelson.com
Tue Oct 11 11:10:48 CDT 2011

AJ,

Banging my head other a similar problem here in US.

What I know so far the callerid function produces the following bitmap flag:

 1. CID Private Name
 2. CID Private Number
 3. CID Unknown Name
 4. CID Unknown Number
 5. CID Message Waiting
 6. CID No Message Waiting

For example, Flag=3 means Private Name and Number.

If a Number and / or a Name are blocked for whatever reason a Null value
is written to the respective returned parameter.

What I do not know is how to analyze the flag in a dialplan.

The problem with analyzing a Null value as you mentioned in your message
is with multiple source causes:

  * CID recognition failure
  * CID unknown
  * CID blocked