[asterisk-users] Dialout from MeetMe to another conference (Asterisk 1.4)

Josh Freeman cpe.jfreeman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 10:40:45 CDT 2011

Hello,

I'm looking at a scenario in which, to make it work, I'd need to dial
into a remote conference from within a local MeetMe room. That might
include being able to dial a conference code after the call to the
remote system was answered.

*Ideally*, it would work such that I could dial a single extension from
one of my local telephones which would both connect me to the local
MeetMe room and also place an outbound call to the remote conference,
log in, and connect that call to the local MeetMe room as well.

It looks as though later versions of Asterisk have an Originate()
application that would get me most of the way there, but I'm constrained
to use an Asterisk 1.4 system which doesn't appear to have that application.

Anyone have any ideas on how I might make something like this work?

Regards,
Josh