[asterisk-users] parking lot

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Oct 5 13:58:39 CDT 2011

On 10/05/2011 11:31 AM, Keith Sloan wrote:
> Hey list.
>
> I am having some issues with a parking lot. I am looking for a way that
> the person can blind transfer to a parking lot. it works perfectly
> accept being an unattended transfer its the caller who hears the parking
> lot position. anyone have a work around to this.
>
> exten => 999,1,Set(CHANNEL(parkinglot)=Parkinglot-keith)
> exten => 999,n,Set(PARKINGLOT=Parkinglot_keith)
> exten => 999,n,Set(CALLCHAN=${CUT(BLINDTRANSFER,-,1)})
> exten => 999,n,ParkAndAnnounce(PARKED,60,${CALLCHAN})
>

> the ParkAndAnnounce seems to be failing. any suggestions?

Define 'failing'? Does the call not get parked?

If by 'failing' you mean that the parked channel is the one who hears
the parking lot number announcement, that's perfectly understandable
when a blind transfer is done to this extension. When this extension's
code starts executing after a blind transfer, the transferer's channel
is *already gone*; there is no way to announce the parking lot number to
them.

The only solution here is to not announce the parking lot number at all
if the call was blind-transferred, but of course then nobody will know
what parking lot the call was parked in.

--
Kevin P. Fleming