[asterisk-users] Passive wait in dialplan?

Sammy Govind govoiper at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 07:37:51 CDT 2011

So here's what I think about your scenario:

CALL-FLOW
1- Call come in to asterisk (channel not answered)
2- Event is triggered and User decides what to do with call
3- On basis of what user decided a variable is set.
4- Asterisk on the base of that variable route the call further.

If this is the intended behaviour I'd make the dialplan which would be
something like.

DIAL-PLAN ALGO
1- Progress() ; Won't Answer the channel and put the call in trying... mode.
2- Generate User Evnt
3- While(USERDECISION == "")
4- Endwhile
5- Execute anything on base of USERDECISION

This has some limitation due to progress. GUI user needs to decide fast as
progress will time-up and the caller will get NO_ANSWER from the system.

Queue can be used to put call on wait until something is decided by GUI user
but for that you'll have to use system resources and also answer the channel
first.

I hope some real expert here guide you in a better direction.