[asterisk-users] Asterisk (Trixbox) - VirtualBox - Linux Host

RSCL Mumbai rscl.mumbai at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 02:50:43 CDT 2011

> someone have been installed Asterisk (Trixbox) on VirtualBox which is
> installed on a Linux host (Ubuntu server 10.04 specifically).
>

> I want to know if it is convenient or not, and the reaseons if i should on
> shouldn't do it.
>

> Thanks in advance.!
>

> --
> Esteban L. Cacavelos de Amoriza
> Cel: 0981 220 429
>
> --

I installed and used Elastix 2.0.3 on VirtualBox 4.x (64bit) but I were
constantly troubled by high CPU usage and performance issues.
I am not a virtualization / Asterisk expert so I may have missed some aspect
of settings or configurations.
My general reading on various forums seemed to indicate that VirtualBox is
still not the best platform real time application like asterisk.

My 2 cents