[asterisk-users] music on hold

Kevin Oravits koravits at rcolegal.com
Tue Oct 4 14:58:32 CDT 2011

I've noticed on our system the sound files have to be in an exact format for Asterisk to play them.
Bit Rate: 128kbps
Audio sample size: 16 bit
Channels: 1(mono)
Audio Sample rate: 8kHz
Audio format: PCM

I actually downloaded a program and remixed the audio files to match these settings. Before that, I couldn't get my Asterisk to play any non-standard music.

Kevin Oravits