[asterisk-users] Database Lookup Advice

Bryant Zimmerman BryantZ at zktech.com
Tue Oct 4 13:25:07 CDT 2011

Hey all

I wanted to get some input on what you all think is the best way to lookup
database data from asterisk dial plan.

This is a two fold question.

1. I am using fun_odbc to pull settings and values back and it works good
but is there a better way. I want to maintain performance and simplicity as
much as possible.

2. func_odbc does not appear to allow for reading multiple records in a
return set.  Is there a way around this or is there a better method.

I understand I can always us a mono, pearl, php, lua or some other kind of
script to handel some of this but I am looking for better ways to do
database access using the built-in dialplan abilities first.

I look forward to ideas and input.

Thanks

Bryant