[asterisk-users] Delay before ringing from PSTN`s call

neo haux neo.haux at gmx.com
Mon Oct 3 18:38:18 CDT 2011

Hi

I am testing a degium TDP400P (2fxo+2fxs) on my asterisk

I configured incoming calls from pstn to ring my SIP phone (extension : 100)

cat  extensions.conf
[from-pstn]
exten => s,1,Dial(SIP/100,10)
 same => n,VoiceMail(100,u)

root at PC-debian:/etc/asterisk# cat dahdi-channels.conf
;;; line="1 WCTDM/0/0 FXSKS  (EC: MG2 - INACTIVE)"
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
group=0
context=from-pstn
channel => 1
callerid=
group=
context=default

What I don`t understand is why the SIPphone rings after 3 secondes after
Astererisk detects the incoming call. Moreover, after hanging off the
external caller the SIPphone continue to ring for 3 seconds.

I did those modifications in the file  /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf without
improuvement ( After restarting Asterisk)

[channels]
cidstart=ring
immediate=yes
faxdetect=no
usecallerid=no

Here is the debug from Asterisk console

*CLI>     -- Starting simple switch on 'DAHDI/1-1'
    -- Executing [s at from-pstn:1] Dial("DAHDI/1-1", "SIP/100,10") in new
stack
  == Using SIP RTP CoS mark 5
    -- Called SIP/100
    -- SIP/100-00000001 is ringing
  == Spawn extension (from-pstn, s, 1) exited non-zero on 'DAHDI/1-1'
    -- Hanging up on 'DAHDI/1-1'
    -- Hungup 'DAHDI/1-1'