[asterisk-users] Sipgate trunk doesn't bridge with other trunk, but works with local extensions

Sebastian Arcus shop at open-t.co.uk
Sun Oct 2 15:11:22 CDT 2011

On 02/10/11 20:42, dotnetdub wrote:

> On 2 October 2011 16:20, Sebastian Arcus <shop at open-t.co.uk
> <mailto:shop at open-t.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Hello list,
>
>     My setup is as follows:
>
>     Trunks: 2 sip trunks, one with voipcheap.co.uk
>     <http://voipcheap.co.uk>, one with sipgate.co.uk <http://sipgate.co.uk>
>     Extensions: 1 hardware sip phone
>     Asterisk: 1.8.7.0
>
>     Everything is working fine, except bridging between the sipgate and
>     voipcheap trunks. I'll explain:
>

> SNIP
>
> What kind of firewall are you using?

SNIP

Thanks Brian - that seems to be the correct call. After fiddling pretty
much with every setting I can think of - I have just taken down the
iptables firewall on the Linux box. The calls have sound now. I'm
looking at the logs now to see if I can figure out which packets is the
firewall discarding. The whole thing is behind a Netgear adsl
modem/router with it's own firewall - and *no* port redirection setup.
And it is working fine when the Linux firewall is stopped. So the Linux
firewall must be pickier then the one in the Netgear router.

I'll see what I can figure out.

Thanks again,

Sebastian