[asterisk-users] Installing asterisk on a server vs appliance(e.g digium mypbx)

Carlos Alvarez carlos at televolve.com
Wed Nov 30 18:38:52 CST 2011

At the most basic level, typically an appliance will have a GUI and be
geared towards non-tech installation.  Loading bare Asterisk on a server is
very different.  Do you want a GUI or bare Asterisk?

BTW, the MyPBX product is not a Digium product, it's from an oriental
company named Yeastar.  My experience in talking to them about their phones
has been so-so.  Historically we've had awful experiences with other
Chinese phone vendors and have stopped considering products from Chinese
companies.  We did not actually try Yeastar products.

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 3:39 PM, James Mutuku <listmutuku at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking into advising a client on the pro's and cons of using
> Installing asterisk on a server vs appliance(e.g digium mypbx).  the
> appliance seems cheaper initially.
>
> From experience,  what would be pro and cons for either option?
>
> --
> Best Regards,
> James Mutuku Ndeti
> Agile Systems Limited
> +254722490994
> www.agile.co.ke
> www.zetu.co.ke
>
> Has your organization implemented a customer relationship management
> (CRM)system? visit http://www.agile.co.ke/crm.php and find out how our
> CRM can help you achieve better customer satisfaction and sales
>
> --

Carlos Alvarez
TelEvolve
602-889-3003